Plan your Visit
QAG OPEN, GET YOUR FREE TIMED-ENTRY TICKET
The Queensland Art Gallery (QAG) is open and the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) will reopen from Friday 7 August, with free timed-entry tickets.
The decision follows the Queensland Government Roadmap to Easing Restrictions, which allows galleries and museums to open during Stage 2 of the COVID-19 recovery. The Gallery worked with Queensland Health to finalise a site-specific COVID Safe Plan.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gallery and want you to know the health and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers and the wider Gallery community is our top priority.
Queensland Art Gallery is open to a limited number of visitors from 10.00am to 5.00pm daily, using a timed-entry ticket system.
- At this stage we are required to limit each booking to one ticket per person to obtain individual contact details to support contact tracing.
- When you make a booking, you need to supply the individual name and contact details of the person who will be visiting.
- If you don’t already have a QTIX account we recommend using the guest check out functionality for ease and speed.
- Please arrive for the time you’ve booked and wait to be checked in by Gallery staff.
- Bring a credit or debit card for any onsite purchases (we won’t be accepting cash).
- Tickets can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device at the entry.
- Tickets are currently available for Queensland Art Gallery until 31 July 2020.
- Tickets for August onwards, including those for the Gallery of Modern Art, will be released at a later date.
We’ll have increased cleaning frequency, handwashing and sanitiser facilities, and distance markers for queuing, to help keep you safe. Full details of these measures will be available closer to our reopening date.
- Stay at home if you're unwell, otherwise you may be asked to leave
- Visitor capacity limits apply
- Stay 1.5 metres apart from others
- Avoid touching your face
- Wash your hands regularly or use our sanitisation stations
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Frequent cleaning in progress
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app
WHAT’S ON AT QAG
- ‘Mavis Ngallametta: Show Me the Way to Go Home’, the stunning major retrospective of the work of the accomplished North Queensland artist.
- ‘Errant Objects’ on the QAG Watermall, including Ai Weiwei’s towering light installation, Boomerang 2006.
- Indigenous Australian, Australian, Asian and International Collection displays.
SHOPPING & DINING
- QAG Store is open. Please observe social distancing.
- QAG Cafe is open for takeaway and limited seating, with seated patrons asked to provide their contact details in line with Government requirements for contact tracing.
- Although GOMA remains closed until Friday 7 August, GOMA Store is open 10.00am-4.00pm daily, and GOMA Bistro Pop-Up Providore is open 10.00am to 2.00pm for takeaway.
- The online QAGOMA Store is operational with enhanced hygiene and handling procedures in place for the safety of our staff and customers.
- Every purchase supports the Gallery.