Grace Lillian Lee
01 Feb 2020 – 5 Oct 2020
QAG | Pelican Lounge | Free
QAG is open to a limited number of visitors from 10.00am to 5.00pm daily, using a timed-entry ticket system. Read more
- At this stage we are required to limit each booking to one ticket per person to obtain individual contact details to support contact tracing.
- When you make a booking, you need to supply the individual name and contact details of the person who will be visiting.
Visit Open Studio for insights into the creative practice of five contemporary Australian artists. For four months at a time, each artist has been invited to share their studio practice in Brisbane and provide insights into how they work:
- Artist Space: Look around the Open Studio and pick up clues about how the artist experiments, manipulates and refines materials and processes.
- Artist Gallery: Visit the adjacent Open Studio display to discover a mind map of connections, inspiration and ideas made up of artworks selected by the artist from the QAGOMA Collection. Each reveals a story about the artist’s work and life.
- Artist Videos: Get to know each Open Studio artist by watching artist interviews and viewing the artist’s studio through three dimensional photography.
Learn at home
Engage with the QAGOMA Collection through flexible units designed to support creative students learning from home.
Years 11 and 12
Connect with the practices of John Honeywill, Natalya Hughes and Grace Lillian Lee.
The current Open Studio artist is Grace Lillian Lee, read more on our blog:
Grace Lillian Lee: 1 Feb – 5 Oct 2020
Madeleine Kelly: 10 Oct 2020 – 31 Jan 2021
Abdul Abdullah: 13 Feb – 13 Jun 2021
Natalya Hughes: 5 Oct 2019 – 27 Jan 2020
John Honeywill: 8 Jun – 29 Sep 2019
Open Studio includes a range of programs for creative activities and broader learning, see the full list of related events below.