Towards a rehang of Australian art
28 May 2016 – 6 Aug 2017
QAG | Gallery 5 Henry & Amanda Bartlett Gallery | Free
A concentrated presentation of Australian collection highlights is on display during QAG's Collection Storage Upgrade. This stunning salon hang includes some audience favourites — iconic paintings by Rupert Bunny, Vida Lahey, R Godfrey Rivers, Russell Drysdale and Nora Heysen, and many others.
QAG COLLECTION STORAGE UPGRADE
The art storage capacity at the Gallery is being increased by 30 per cent with the construction of a new mezzanine level and modernised storage systems in QAG's collection store. As part of this upgrade, the Australian collection display is currently closed. This space will be used to accommodate the Collection for the duration of the project, and is scheduled to reopen in September 2017. In the meantime, enjoy Australian collection highlights in 'Moving Pictures'.
Explore iconic works from the QAGOMA Collection using the interactive touchscreens onsite or your mobile device.
View short videos about the following artists and artworks:
- Anthony Alder – Heron's home 1895
- Ralph Balson – Constructive painting 1947*
- Grace Crowley – (Abstract) 1951*
- William Dobell – The Cypriot 1940*
- Vida Lahey - Monday morning 1912*
- Godfrey R Rivers - Under the Jacaranda 1903*
- Tony Tuckson – Pink lines (vertical) on red and purple 1970-73*
- Daphne Mayo*
* Also available in Auslan with closed captions
E Phillips Fox, Australia/France 1865-1915 / Bathing hour (L'heure du bain) c.1909 / Oil on canvas / Purchased 1946 / Collection: Queensland Art Gallery.