Tickets to ‘European Masterpieces from The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York’ at GOMA can only be purchased from the on-site ticket desk between 9.00am – 4.00pm (no cash sales) on day of entry except for Sunday 17 Oct extended hours between 9.00am – 6.00pm. Online sales are no longer available.
Timed ticketing is not available to 'European Masterpieces'. All tickets (except Season Passes) are valid for a single day during the exhibition 12 June – 17 October. Please have any relevant concession and membership cards ready to present to Ticket staff.
Entry to the ‘European Masterpieces’ exhibition is staggered to allow visitors to enter in safe numbers and allow for free movement throughout the exhibition while following social distancing advice. This means there will be a wait before you can enter the exhibition. Contact tracing details will be required on arrival for access to the Gallery. For more details visit our COVID-safe practices plan.
See below for detailed information on ticket prices, accepted concessions, companion cards, season tickets and more.
Child 5-12 years (under 5 free, no ticket required) $10
Family (2 Adults + up to 3 children aged 5-12 years) $66
Season Adult $84
Season Concession $69
Season Member $63
Season Child 5-12 $30
TICKET DESK AND EXHIBITION ENTRY
The Ticket Desk is open daily 9.00am – 4.00pm. The Gallery closes at 5.00pm except for Sunday 17 Oct with ticket sales between 9.00am – 6.00pm when the closes at 7.00pm. Online sales are no longer available.
Entry to the exhibition closes 1 hour prior to the building shutting so that there is enough time to experience the exhibition.
We recommend at least 1-1.5hours to experience the ‘European Masterpieces from The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York’ exhibition.
We accept Companion Cards. The Companion Card holder is entitled to a concession ticket. Show your Companion Card to Ticket staff to receive complimentary entry for your companion.
The Gallery accepts the following concession cards. Individual patrons must show concession cards to receive concessional entry.
Eligibility for standard concession entry includes:
- State and regional Gallery Guides - Association of Australian Gallery Guiding Organisations (AAGGO)
- Full Time Australian Tertiary and TAFE Students
- Full Time International Tertiary and TAFE Students with ISIC card and individual institution cards
- Secondary Students aged 13 and over
- State Government Seniors Card (please note we do not accept Seniors Business Card Holders)
- Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card
- Australian Government Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Department of Veteran Affairs / Repatriation Health Card (Gold and White)
- Carer Business Discount Card / Department of Families Card Holders
- National Association of the Visual Arts (NAVA) Members
- Museums Australia Membership Card
The following Concession Cards are not accepted by the Gallery:
- Senior Business Discount Cards
- National Seniors Cards
- Any International Seniors Cards (including New Zealand)
QAGOMA Gallery Members and QAGOMA Foundation Members are entitled to a special Members ticket price. We also provide reciprocal membership with the following galleries:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney (AGNSW)
- Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide (AGSA)
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth (AGWA)
- Australian Centre for the Moving Image, Melbourne (ACMI)
- Auckland Art Gallery (AAG)
- Museum and Art Gallery of Northern Territory, Darwin (MAGNT)
- Museum of Contemporary Art Australia (MCA)
- National Gallery of Australia, Canberra (NGA)
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne (NGV)
- National Portrait Gallery, Canberra (NPG)
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart (TMAG)
A Season Pass entitles a single person to unlimited entry for a specific exhibition. The identification card that the holder used to validate the Season Pass must be shown each time the Season Pass is used.
Please note Season Passes are not valid for Special Events, such as Up Late, and are not transferrable to any other person than the Season Pass holder. Season Passes are for single exhibitions only and do not allow entry into any other ticketed exhibition or cinema program.
QAGOMA does not have timed ticketing. Tickets are valid for a single day.
Please note that entry to the ‘European Masterpieces from The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York’ exhibition will be staggered to allow visitors to enter in safe numbers and allow for free movement throughout the exhibition while following social distancing advice. This means there may be a short wait before you can enter the exhibition.