Dark Place 2019 Ages 18+
8.00pm, Fri 8 Apr 2022 (75 mins)
Gallery of Modern Art & Cinema A
Dark Place is an anthology film composed of five electrifying tales that take on post-colonialism from Indigenous perspectives. Using the framework of genre cinema to delve into the violent histories of Australia, each chapter is helmed by a different emerging filmmaker. Captives seek brutal revenge in Kodie Bedford’s ‘Scout’; sleep contains hidden dangers in Liam Phillips’ ‘Foe’; a new arrival at a housing commission senses something strange with her neighbour in ‘Value Light’ by Rob Braslin; Perun Bonser’s ‘The Shore’ features a Gothic comie-of-age; and Bjorn Stewart’s comedy splatterfest pits pox-infested zombies against settlers in ‘Killer Native’.
Please note: this film contains scenes of impactful violence and sexual violence.
- Director / Script: Bjorn Stewart, Liam Phillips, Rob Braslin, Perun Bonser, Kodie Bedford
- Producers: Majhid Heath, Hayley b Johnson
- Cinematographer: László Baranyai
- Editor: Lawrie Silvestrin
- Print Source / Rights: Noble Savage Pictures
- Screening Format: DCP
- Year: 2019
- Runtime: 75 minutes
- Country: Australia
- Language: English
- Colour: colour