INTERNATIONAL ART TOUR
10–23 May 2017
ON TOUR | Ticketed
ESSENTIAL CHINA: A SELECTION OF THE MOST CELEBRATED SIGHTS IN CHINA
Led by Dr Jamie Greenbaum, Beijing-based sinologist and Fellow at the School of Culture, History and Language, Australian National University, Canberra
For two weeks in May 2017, join Dr Jamie Greenbaum on a tour especially for QAGOMA Members around the most important sites in Chinese history. May is a perfect time to travel and enjoy the premier sites. The highlights of this incredible tour include:
- the Forbidden City with exclusive access to a private palace
- a spectacular section of the Great Wall at Jingshanling, little-visited by tourists
- extraordinary imperial museums with terracotta figures in Xi'an, seen from a special viewing platform
- the greatest collection of tomb paintings in China
- calligraphy, painting, cutting seals, poetry composition, along with exquisite gardens are explored in Hangzhou and Suzhou, and
- finishing in Shanghai, perhaps the world's most vibrant metropolis.
As with our inaugural MRT tour to Spain in 2015, a small portion of every Member's tour booking will be returned to the Gallery, further supporting QAGOMA in its ongoing aim to connect art and people.