‘GERHARD RICHTER’ OPENING WEEKEND SYMPOSIUM
10.00AM Sun 15 Oct 2017
GOMA | Cinema B | Book Now
An all-day academic symposium coinciding with the opening weekend of 'Gerhard Richter: The Life of Images' will provide a platform for Australian and international Richter scholars to present new research and lead discussion on the artistic practice of one of the world's most influential living artists.
- Dietmar Elger, art historian, curator, and Director of the Gerhard Richter Archive, Dresden, Germany
- Stefan Gronert, Curator of Photography and Media, Sprengel Museum, Hannover, Germany
- Rosemary Hawker, exhibition curator and Senior Lecturer, Fine Art, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- Andrew McNamara, art historian and Professor, Visual Arts at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- Luke Smythe, Auckland-based art historian and teaching fellow at Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand
More details announced soon.