The Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art ("Gallery") is committed to protecting the privacy of our service users. We will only use personal information given to us for lawful purposes consistent with the privacy principles in the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) and the purposes for which it was given.
Personal information means any information or opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from the information or opinion. It may include your name, address, phone number, email address, age, gender, your employer, or your job title.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information directly from you with your consent. For example, we ask you to provide personal information when you:
- Subscribe to the Gallery's online services (e.g. Artmail, Cinemail, Storemail, Membermail)
- Purchase a ticket to an exhibition, talk or other program.
- Enter an online QAGOMA interactive or Gallery competition
- Register for a Gallery event.
- Become a supporter (e.g. QAGOMA Member, Foundation Member, or sponsor).
- Apply for a job, scholarship or award.
- Commence a business relationship with us.
- Correspond with us or make an enquiry over the internet or telephone.
Where appropriate and lawful, we may also collect personal information from third parties we deal with such as sponsors, business partners or marketing service providers, or from third parties you refer to us. In some cases, where it is reasonable to do so, your consent to the collection and use of your personal information may be taken to be implicit.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is needed to provide you with the information, services and products you request. By providing your personal information you also help the Gallery to develop and deliver responsive services. Specific ways in which we may use your personal information include:
- Sending you information about our services (e.g. upcoming exhibitions, events, or programs).
- Notifying you of changes to our exhibitions or other services.
- Processing your online purchases and distributing tickets to exhibitions or programs.
- Responding to your correspondence, applications, queries, feedback or complaints.
- Recommending other services we or selected partners offer that may be of interest to you.
- Helping us improve our services by conducting marketing and research.
You may request your personal information is not used for direct marketing, research or any other purpose.
With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Our professional advisers, contractors or service providers (e.g. our mail service providers and marketing consultants who may be located in Australia or overseas).
- Specific parties we advised you of when we collected your personal information.
- Other entities you have consented to.
For marketing purposes where it may be impracticable to seek consent, the Gallery may disclose personal data to third parties provided the following apply:
- There is no charge if you indicate that you do not want to receive communications.
- You have not indicated you do not want to receive the communications.
- Each communication prominently displays a notice about opting out of receiving further communications.
- Each communication includes relevant contact information for the Gallery.
We may also disclose your personal information where required by law, for example, to a public health, law enforcement or other authorised government entity.
The Gallery will take precautions to safeguard your personal data from loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. As a general rule, we store your personal information in our secure electronic databases.
From time to time, the Gallery may engage service providers to store personal information who could have servers located overseas. We ensure that our service providers are carefully chosen and have policies, procedures and systems in place to keep personal information secure.
At any time you have the right to access, change or correct your personal information. While the Gallery is committed to ensuring all personal information it collects is accurate, complete and up-to-date, the accuracy of this personal information to a large extent depends on the information you provide. Please advise us if you become aware of any errors in your personal information or changes to your personal details, such as address, email address and phone number.
EMAIL, WEBSITE, BLOG AND SOCIAL MEDIA
This is a Queensland Government website. Email correspondence, blog comments and information provided via webforms can constitute a public record and can be retained as required by the Public Records Act 2002 and other relevant legislation. Email messages may be monitored by our network support staff for system troubleshooting and maintenance purposes. The Gallery reserves the right to remove comments which it considers to be abusive, defamatory, discriminatory, off-topic, or unlawful.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Gallery website and other digital communications can contain links to other sites for your use and reference. The Gallery is not responsible for the content and privacy practices of other websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own.
SECURITY OF ONLINE FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS
When you make a payment or purchase through this website your ﬁnancial details are processed through SecurePay, a wholly owned business of Australia Post. All your details are transmitted securely using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Your credit card details are NOT stored on our servers at any stage of the transaction, and once the credit card details have been sent to our ﬁnancial institution they are no longer known to our system.
COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you look at this website, we and/or our contractors make a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes only, e.g. the server address, the top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc), the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, and the type of browser used. Session variables may be used to enhance visitor browsing experience.
No attempt is, or will be, made to identify an individual's browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect activity logs.
To make a request or enquiry contact:
The Privacy Officer
Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art
PO Box 3686
South Brisbane QLD 4101
T: +61 (0)7 3840 7288