The scholarship recipient is required to:
- Expend monies received through the scholarship in the way outlined in the application unless prior written permission to make an alteration to the budget has been provided by the QAGOMA Foundation.
- Complete their travel within twelve (12) months of the announcement of the award.
- Provide an interim report within the first six (6) months of the announcement of the award. Guidelines will be provided electronically by the QAGOMA Foundation.
- Provide a detailed final report including proof of travel and full budget acquittal within two (2) months of completion. Guidelines will be provided electronically by the QAGOMA Foundation.
- Agree to acknowledge the support received through the Vida Lahey Memorial Travelling Scholarship in any media and publications resulting from projects undertaken during travel supported by scholarship funds.
- Agree to participate in media events and public programs, and contribute on media platforms relevant to the award.
The successful applicant will be asked to grant permission for their work to be reproduced in media, news and QAGOMA sites following the announcement of the winner. They may also be asked to grant a limited licence for reproduction of work resulting from projects undertaken during the scholarship for promotion of QAGOMA and/or the QAGOMA Foundation.
Selection and Fund Distribution Process
Applicants who are Queensland-based or who have resided in Queensland for an extended period of time are preferred. Scholarship monies will be paid to the successful applicant via bank transfer in Australian dollars. Successful scholarship recipients must have an Australian bank account with bank transfer facilities.
The Vida Lahey Memorial Travelling Scholarship is administered and coordinated by the QAGOMA Foundation. For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact (07) 3840 7262.